- Age 11/12+
- Completed National swim Award Stage 10
- Full Competitive Start Award
- Ability to train at the required intensity based on test sets (below) & coach assessment
- To participate in test sets to include standard time/distance swims and training sets adapted from those used by British Swimming
- Ability to swim 200 IM in accordance with the ASA technical rules under 3mins 20
- Current minimum requirements – 200m F/C
- 12yrs – 2mins 55
- 13yrs – 2mins 50
- 14yrs – 2mins 45
- Proven aptitude and commitment to competitive swimming by:
- Entering ALL club championships (Over a variety of distances)
- Representing Alton Swimming Club at inter club galas both home & away (if selected)
- Compete at County Championships and other open meets as recommended by the coaching team (At least 2 Open Meet per term)
- Attendance at a recommended 5 sessions per week (minimum of 4 sessions )
- For National/Regional Squad the attendance requirement is 6 TRAINING SESSIONS [These will be recorded and monitored and you will receive regular feedback regarding your attendance, this is obviously sometimes difficult if an open meet falls on a Sunday and this is one of your planned regular sessions, in these circumstances the open meet will replace this training session but this would not be applicable during the normal training week]
- Attendance at a least 1 land training session per week.
- Work safely in the training lanes by using the pace clock correctly.
- The club expects swimmers in this squad to be able to swim the whole training session without getting out during the training session.
- Show the correct start and turn for each stroke during all training sessions.
- Arrive at session in time to be able to undertake warm up exercises prior to swimming
- Offer parental help to club
- To keep below the current minimum sprint times for all 4 strokes:
|50m Front crawl||36 secs|
|50m Backstroke||42 secs|
|50m Breaststroke||50 secs|
|50m Butterfly||42 secs|