Skip to content
- National swim Award Stage 8 +
- Full Competitive Start Award
- Ability to train at the required intensity based on test sets & coach assessment
- Test set 6 x 100 F/C on 2.20 holding target time of approximately 2.00.
- Demonstrate the stamina to train at the required level based on 200m F/C times.
- Current minimum requirement for 200m F/C: 3mins 40 secs
- Ability to swim 400m F/C, 200m Backstroke & 200m Breaststroke demonstrating efficient and effective technique.
- Ability to do 25m Butterfly (ASA standard) and 100m IM
- To be able to work to the pace clock and work safely in the training lanes.
- To be able to demonstrate the correct turn for each stroke
- Attendance at a minimum of 3 training sessions (4 recommended) per week.
- To be able to demonstrate aptitude and commitment to competitive swimming by:
- Entering ALL club championships
- Representing Alton Swimming Club at inter club galas both home & away (if selected)
- Enter at least one recommended Open Meet per term.
- To be capable of reaching the minimum sprint times as set out below:
|50m Front crawl